DON'T BE CALLED MARA

 



The name 'Mara' was a name that Naomi chose to be called when she returned to Israel from the country of Moab, where she lost all her things including her husband and two sons. She was left with only her daughter-in-law, Ruth. 'Mara' means 'bitter'. Naomi was in a great sorrowful and bitter state. That was the reason she chose to be called Mara instead of her real name.

Beloved, even though your situations may be worse, yet you need count your blessings and give thanks to God. Be mindful of the negative thoughts and words that comes to your heart during times of difficulties and trials. Naomi forgot that she still has her life and even a daughter that God has graced her to live with. God changed her story through Ruth. Whatever thing that you are passing through now, remember that God is faithful and He shall turn your sorrows to joy.

Ruth 1:20-21
But she said to them, “Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me. I went out full, and the Lord has brought me home again empty. Why do you call me Naomi, since the Lord has testified against me, and the Almighty has afflicted me?”

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST WAS TEMPTED AS WE ARE

JESUS CHRIST OUR REDEEMER

GRATITUDE AND THANKSGIVING